Cleaning a carpet is a common household task but making sure you do it correctly is an important thing. It quite obvious that when you have a carpet in your lounge, it will often get messy off and on because kids may spill things or may put messy shoes on it and that causes dirt to stick on your carpet. In such cases, you may have to clean it on a daily basis or wash with regular intervals.
Washing your carpet without using proper cleaning accessories may cause damaging its fur and may also ruin its softness which is common and may ruin the overall look of the carpet as well.
It is always a good thing to make sure that you are going to clean your carpet in a way that will be easier for you to complete the cleaning process as well as would be giving soft and fresh as well as the clean look on your carpet as well.
Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you remove all the objects or furniture items from the carpet to clear the surface.
- Pick up toys, litter or anything that is easy to pick and clear the space for detailed cleaning.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to make sure you clean the carpet and remove the dust from it. This ensures you will be able to see the stains easily and dust has been removed already.
- Spot the stains on the carpet. If you have a light colored carpet you can spot them easily and if it is a dark colored carpet you may also know the darker stains easily.
- Use a high-quality stain removal that is safe to use on colored areas. Use a cotton cloth to apply the stain remover and leave it for a few minutes.
- Take a sponge with carpet shampoo on it and rub in a circular motion to remove the stain.
- If the stain is stubborn and greasy you may repeat the process to remove it completely.
- You may also keep a sponge below the carpet where the stain is located so that you may not create a mess around and the stain gets removed easily.
- Use a carpet cleaner or wet vacuum cleaner for removing the dirt from the carpet and make sure you use the carpet shampoo so that it fur or pile will stay soft and smooth without getting stiff.
- Let your carpet dry under shade and in an airy area.